Fancy a fresh tasting, tangy and sweet light seafood salad? Try this Asian grilled shrimp salad for brunch or even a picnic. The combination of the smoky grilled flavor from the grilled shrimp, the slightly sweet and salty shrimp taste, plus the tart and spicy dressing makes for a feast your senses will surely love.
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-3 teaspoons of wasabi paste, adjust according to taste
- 1 cup of medium sized shrimps, deveined, cleaned and without shell
- 1 small head of lettuce, leaves separated (romaine or ice berg lettuce)
How To Prepare Shrimp Salad
1 Gather all the needed ingredients together.
2 Coat the shrimps with the vegetable oil, garlic, and half the sesame oil.
3 Grill on a pan or stove top grill. For the dressing, combine the wasabi paste, mayonnaise and red wine vinegar.
4 To assemble the salad, lay down the lettuce leaves, sprinkle the red onions over it and add the cooked shrimp. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the sesame seeds. Don’t forget to drizzle half of the sesame oil to give it an extra layer of flavor! Serves for 2.