There are many varieties of mushrooms that are rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, potassium, iron, protein and carbohydrates. Shiitake mushroom contains antioxidants, which reduces the aging process. These antioxidants also help to exfoliate the skin and prevent the breakdown of cells.
Mushrooms also contain kojic acid which acts as a skin lightener by reducing acne and sun spots. In addition, mushrooms contain beta glucans and selenium, which are known to combat premature aging. Another type of mushroom known as reishi mushrooms contains antioxidants which combat free radicals while boosting immune cells. You can increase daily mushroom intake depending on you, since it is generally healthy and contain low levels of calories.
Ingredients and How To Prepare:
- Remove stem from 6 champignons
- Microwave for 5 minutes on maximum power
- Remove the liquid
- Finely chop the stems
- Crumble 5.3 oz(150g) of feta cheese
- Add pinch of oregano
- Mix well and stuff into champignons
- Place into blender 3 medium tomatoes
- Add pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 clove of garlic
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the paste on champignons and top with grated cheese
- Microwave for 6 minutes on maximum power, and serve