I find the activity of preparing my own lotions and skin care products very pleasant and relaxing. It is so nice to combine all those natural ingredients in a way that will result in the best end product for my skin. This happens because, throughout the years, I have discovered what is best for my skin. Beside the natural oils and butters, I use many herbs and also food ingredients from my kitchen.
This facial scrub for sensitive skin recipe has two such foods: baking soda and raw honey. One of the ingredients always present in the kitchen, baking soda, invaded the cosmetic field. Its role in cosmetic treatments was first noticed by the Egyptians. Baking soda is a good facial scrub. It reduces redness and prevents the risk of pimples occurrence.
Raw honey has tremendous benefits for your skin health as well.
- It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- Honey absorbs impurities and helps detoxify the skin.
- Is an excellent natural remedy for skin cleansing and toning.
- Softens and nourishes the skin, thanks to its emollient compounds.
- It acts as an antibacterial and anti-fungal agent, disinfecting the skin and fastens acne healing.
- Is rich in antioxidants, which is why it restores the sun damaged skin and diminishes the fine lines.
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop geranium essential oil
1 Mix together the honey and the baking soda.
2 Add the essential oils.
3 Take a warm towel and place it on your face. This will help open the pores.
4 Apply the scrub with gentle, circular moves. Massage the face for several minutes so that you remove all the impurities, and Wash the scrub with warm water.
5 Use it once or twice a week. The pH of this scrub is alkaline, so if you want to balance it, sprinkle rose water on your face after you remove it.